History of the building

The building was build in 1909 by a Jewish architect named Gyula Fodor (1872-1942). This architect had designed quite a number (somewhere between 20-25) of buildings in Budapest. Most of them are residential buildings situated in the better parts of this city. Despite that, there is only limited personal information known from him. However one can always read his signature on the ornaments of the building.

This building was build in eclectic style which means that the architect integrated the best features from various styles. Please see the gallery below to learn more about this building.